This project was challenging on many levels. We were tasked with demolishing an extensive fendering system and installing a completely new system in one winter layup season, enabling the client to maintain operations as normal. Great Lakes Dock and Materials large capacity floating plant was integral in completing this project on time and within budget. Major components of this project included:
- Installation of (22) 30” diameter x 80’ pipe piles, (22)HP14x89 x 80’ piles, (20) HP 15×53 x 80’ piles and a 54” diameter x 100’ Caisson.
- Installation of 32 Batter piling/braces
- Demolition of 800 tons of heavy timber piles and structure.
- Installation of 17 custom designed heavy rubber fender modules
- Installation of heavy timber Deflectors/facing with IPE rub rails
- Installation of catwalk, mooring bits, handrails, etc.